Friday 19 February 2016

2016: Goals, Dreams, Plans

Ok, so I know this post is a little late (like, 2 months late), but never late than never, right?!

One of the most helpful and uplifting things I have done in the past eighteen months is to start creating goals, year plans and to-do lists. It seriously makes a massive difference to my state of mind and attitude towards the upcoming week, month and year! The funny thing is, I actually really look forward to planning. When it is on my list of things to do, I make sure to quickly finish everything else I have to do and will literally spend hours visually displaying my aspirations and focuses. Below are my goals, dreams and plans for the upcoming years :)

2016 Goals

Work hard but do not burn myself out!
Take time out for myself
Do more of what I love
Do the best I can in my classes
Go easier on myself - I am doing the best I can!
Stop trying to please everyone; live for myself rather than saying "everything I do is for them"
Listen to my gut more - it is okay to say "no"; follow more instincts more
Hit $5000
Get off my meds! :)

Goals for the next 5 years

Finish university with around $10,000 debt rather than about $25,000
Go travelling more
Save up my money!
Start working in my desired career - teaching!
Possibly be renting an apartment or small house

In terms of dreams, I just really want to continue bettering myself as a person and to live a happy and fulfilled life. My passion is teaching, whether that be as a primary/high school teacher or even as a before and after school assistant. The past couple of weeks I have been working as an after school assistant and I absolutely love it! I wish I could do it all day, every day! I was enjoying myself so much that time flew!

One thing I know I 110% want in life is to start my own family. I know, it sounds weird...but...if you knew me you would know that I want 6 kids! My justification for this is as follows:

1 is not enough and they will get lonely
2 kids will either be the best of friends or will constantly fight
3 - 2 versus 1 in fights is just not fair!
4 - is too even! Come on, two against two?!
5 - I don't really like this number!
6 - I really like this number - one of my lucky numbers!
7 - Unlucky number!
8 - too many! haha

Even though I am only 19 and have no desire to have kids this very second, I can totally see myself as a mum and get so excited thinking about mini-me's running around with big blonde ringlets!

Obviously, dreams and desires are constantly changing! Mine are no exception! Usually they stay the same except I add more throughout the year. I will update this in the middle of the year and see if I have even achieved some of my 2016 goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment