Wednesday 13 July 2016

Life goals - What I Want To Achieve!

When it comes to setting goals I get really excited by it. I think it is because of the excitement for the future that comes with coming up with a list of things I want to achieve in various time frames. Over the past couple of years, I have been setting goals for during the week, for the year and for over a couple of months. This gives me something to look forward to and work towards! In terms of 'five year plans' I have never really sat down and thought deeply about what I want to achieve in the next five or so years. In different goal plans I have made, I have vaguely mentioned wanting to finish uni and other such things but it has always been very vague. Below are a list (in no specific order) of what I want to achieve and attain in the next five years (by the end of 2021)!

 Be renting my own place during my fourth year of uni;

As much as I love living at home, the idea of having my own space and decorating it to suit me is so exciting! Interior decorating is a huge passion of mine on the side of education and so when I am out and about shopping, 90% of the time you will find me in the homeware section! As part of this goal, I also really want to find a place that allows pets! To go with my place, I really want to adopt a little furry friend to love and keep me company. At the moment, I am still unsure as to whether this will be a cat or a dog; why not both?! haha

Go traveling at least once a year

Another thing I am also really passionate about is traveling and I want to make this a much bigger part of my life in the future. For me, part of this goal also involves being more spontaneous. This is inspired by the Michalak's youtube channel whereby they have vlogged themselves spinning a globe or drawing a destination out of a hat and visiting it! There is no where in the world that I don't want to go to; I want to see everything and experience all different cultures! The key to achieving this goal for me is more to do with spending money more on memories rather than materialistic items that do not last!

Begin teaching!

If all goes to plan, I will be finished my teaching degree by the end of 2018 and hopefully teaching afterwards. I am not sure if I want to go straight into teaching in 2019 or if I want to take some time off to go travelling. Either way, in the next five years I want to jump straight into my teaching career! So many people ask me whether I want to be a primary or secondary teacher and my answer is constantly changing. Last year, I thought primary teacher but this year I am thinking secondary teacher. The thought of teaching geography and psychology to a class of students sounds really exciting!

Finish uni with $10,000 uni debt rather than just under $30,000; have it all paid off by 2021

This goal is pretty much my 'out there' goal. By the time I finish my degree, I want to have at least a year and a half (about $10,000) paid off and then spend the three years after paying off the rest! When I get married later and start a family, I don't want the massive $30,000 uni hanging over my head. This being said though, I do not want to be so focused on achieving this goal that I stop 'having a life'; balance is important!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment