Wednesday 21 September 2016

Update

Monday was not the greatest of days for me; I had a few wake up calls in terms of where I am in my life at the moment. Some things went down at uni to the point where I just wanted to go home and go to bed; I had one friend try to manipulate me about my boyfriend (who bare in mind is supposed to be a very close friend of my boyfriend) and then I had another eat chalk and go crazy; all in all, it was a very overwhelming day. Fast forward to Monday night and I was talking to my boyfriend about everything that had been happening - pissed was an understatement. Apparently he gave him a stern talking to, whilst I was trying to sort it out.

What really annoyed me about the whole thing was the fact that he put it all back onto me - my boyfriend was really pissed at him due to him implying I was at fault for some things in the past. I ended our discussion and was stressed out for the rest of the night as (even though I know it is stupid) I felt bad because if the animosity the situation had created. My boyfriend's best friends over the following two days contacted me. I thought it was so sweet that his best friend contacted me and offered to hide me in one of the offices. Although a tad on the dramatic side, I appreciated it. She is genuinely a nice person but I was really appreciative that she took the time out of her day to see if I was okay!

Last night, my boyfriend came over after work and he bought me flowers! I was completely flawed! I had a giant grin the whole night and my heart swelled with happiness. After he left I was talking to mum about it, saying that it was such a nice gesture - it honestly made my night and put a smile on my heart! 

Fast forward to now...

Tonight, I went to my boyfriend's house and we had dinner, watched TV and studied; it was really nice and it felt normal. This kind of normality is something I have missed in my life for a really long time since the falling out with my former best friend. As sad as this sounds, I am no longer sad over her anymore - she came back into my life for a short time and it made me realise I was so much better without her. I have made a lot of friends at uni, who although some I am closer to than others, are already so much nicer and more genuine than her! I am really grateful for their friendship and for always putting a smile on my face. 

In terms of 'body image' and food, I still worry a lot about it but I am in a much better position than I previously was. I am up and down with exercise and I try to incorporate fruits and vegetables everyday - my problem at the moment is worrying about the way my body looks. This being said though, it is not taking over my life anymore - it is a level of anxiety that I continuously have but that I do not let stop me from living my life. Instead, I focus on other things:

  • Studying
  • Hanging out with boyfriend and friends
  • Working!

No comments:

Post a Comment