Monday 8 April 2019

The trip that changed my life

This past December and January I embarked on a month long trip around Europe and I completely underestimated the impact it would have on my life. Not only was exploring 11 different countries overseas with a bunch of strangers an eye-opening and powerful experience, but it was also the happiest I have ever been. Everyday since I got back I have missed travelling overseas as well as truly missed the amazing friends I made along the way. Although the experience is something I hold very close to my heart, it is beginning to feel like a distant memory and so I have chosen to document it on here, country by country. Below are just some of the many photos I took with the other Topdeckers during the trip :)

 New Years Eve in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland with some of the very best!
 Bez, Steph and I sipping on some very delicious Swiss hot chocolate after visiting Jungfrau Joch
Selfie with a random snowman outside a restaurant in Florence!
 I was in awe of all the Christmas decorations still up! This photo does not do justice just how beautiful the tree was. Florence is my favourite Italian city <3
 Obligatory Trevi Fountain selfie with Steph in Rome!
 Visiting a country within a country (Vatican City) with Steph and Jaz
 Even though it was absolutely freezing, visiting the fortress in Salzburg, Austria highlighted the sheer beauty of Europe. I fell in love with Salzburg.
 Gotta get that camera angle with Hannah and Jaz!
 After a long stroll around the fortress we had hot chocolates in Salzburg.
 Ready for the Viennese Chamber Orchestra in Vienna, Austria. #posers <3
 Candid shots of Bez and I walking through a little Christmas market in Budapest (Courtesy of Jaz)
 "Never let me go Jack (Bec)!"
 Experiencing the Night Life of Krakow with Kat
 Hungover in Krakow with Jaz and the guys!
 Surreal moment standing in front of the John Lennon wall with some of the gang (Steph, Jaz, Bez and Hannah)
 Gotta get that chai in before hitting the Night Life in Prague with the girls (Jaz, Hannah and Ruby)!
 Waiting for our traditional dutch pancakes after having visited the Anne Frank House (Hannah, Steph, Kendell, Sammy and Kim)
 Last cruise together in Amsterdam :( God I love these girls!
Last selfie together - it does not look it but I had waaay too much wine!

I don't think these girls will ever understand how much they impacted my life. During the trip, I grew and evolved so much - it completely changed my life <3

No comments:

Post a Comment